Front Light Insurance

Do I Need Flood Insurance for My Home?

It can be overwhelming considering all the types of insurance you need in your personal life. One type that is often overlooked is flood insurance.

If you don’t live in what is typically considered a flood zone, you may think you don’t have to worry about this type of insurance. Flood zones are always changing and inexplicable circumstances can happen so it may still be worth considering.

Read on to discover all you need to know about flood insurance from the expert brokers at FrontLight Insurance.

How do I Know if my Home is at Risk of Flooding?

Many people believe that if they are in a zone that is at low-risk of flooding, they have nothing to worry about. However, flood zone maps are always changing and weather patterns can shift unexpectedly and unpredictably.

In addition, construction around your home or even farther away can change the lay of the land enough to suddenly make your home a flood zone. It’s important to always know you’re protected.

FEMA updates their flood maps yearly by analyzing studies and updating the risk on each community they analyze.

The experts at FrontLight Insurance can help you analyze maps and help you figure out whether or not you need flood insurance.

Why Go With Private Flood Insurance vs. Federal Flood Insurance

Private flood insurance can over higher levels of coverage than the National Flood Insurance Program’s maximum coverage of $250,000 for your home and $100,000 for your belongings.

In addition to higher coverage levels, private flood insurance can often be implemented in a much shorter time than federal flood insurance. You can often get your policy enacted in mere weeks instead of the 30 days that federal flood insurance takes to go into effect.

While federal flood insurance risk analysis may be slightly outdated, a private insurance company is more likely to give you an up-to-date risk assessment on your home and property.

This will help you better understand the hazards you face and what kind of policy will be best for you. While you may have to pay higher insurance premiums with a private insurance company, an insurance broker can help you find the best price.

The experts at FrontLight Insurance will help you find the best policy for your home or property. We’ve seen it all when it comes to flood insurance and we can shop around on your behalf to find the best price, premiums, and coverage for you.

Contact the flood insurance experts today or give us a call at 310-684-5799.