Front Light Insurance

What Insurance Products Does FrontLight Offer in 2019?

Here at Frontlight, we’re more than just an auto insurance brokerage. We’re your partner for all your insurance companies needs, offering coverage on your auto, home, business, and more.

Our clients trust us for our commitment to excellence, ethics, and equality at every turn. We treat each of our clients with the same level of attention and service no matter their size.

Based in West Los Angeles, Frontlight was formed in 2014 as a one-stop destination. We provide businesses, families, and individuals with a range of insurance products custom tailored to their needs.

We’re here to help you reduce premiums while maintaining maximum coverage. Consulting to all your risk management, insurance brokerage, and employee benefit needs, we deliver thoughtful counsel, grounded in an analytical approach.

Here at Frontlight, our goal is to help you achieve your goal. By managing your capital, protecting your property, and improving your bottom line. Let’s look at all the insurance products we offer in 2019.

Business Insurance

Do you have a small, growing business? Are you thinking of starting one? In California, small businesses are vital to the state’s economy.

More than 3.4 million businesses employing 7 million people equivalent to  37% of the state’s entire private workforce.

Entrepreneurs have always come to California to seek their fortune. However, it is not mandatory for businesses to purchase Commercial General Liability insurance.

However, it is still advisable for small businesses to purchase at least $500,000 – $1,000,000 in business liability insurance coverage.

Running a small business can pose inherent risks. Commercial General Liability (CGL) protects against advertising injuries, legal defense and judgements.

It also protects against personal injuries like libel, slander, copyright infringement, and bodily injury to anyone other than a customer.

In California, small business owners face a high risk of being sued by their employees. Being the 5th highest in the country overall. 

Business Owner’s Policy (BOP) Insurance

A Business Owner’s Policy (BOP) is needed for the physical aspects of your business. This includes the building, its contents, and any exterior features.

A Business Owner’s Policy combines property and business liability insurance into one policy. It is used to provide coverage for small businesses against fire and water damage, theft, and other natural disasters.

BOPs also cover losses from office interruption, meaning it helps cover the profits a company would have made despite the setback. BOP insurance also covers increased operating costs if the company is forced to move production.

Commercial Auto Insurance

If you use your car for your work, you’ll need Commercial Auto Insurance. Let’s say you’re delivering pizzas and you get into a fender bender. Your personal auto insurance policy might not cover the damages.

Check with your employer to see if your vehicle can be covered under your company’s policy.

If you use your car as part of your business, it’s very important to be protected by commercial auto insurance and compare quotes before buying.

A commercial auto insurance policy is oftentimes more expensive than a personal auto insurance policy. California requires regardless that all drivers carry a minimum amount of liability insurance.

Homeowner’s Insurance

If you own a home, you need homeowner’s insurance. Homeowner’s insurance protects your home and any items inside of it from damage or accidents that occur in the home.

The most popular homeowner’s insurance is an HO3. An HO3 protects your home from “open perils” including natural disasters like theft, tornados, and fire. An HO5 policy covers your home and its contents.

If you own a condo or duplex, you need to get an HO6 policy, which protects your property from damage. 

Homeowner’s insurance sadly won’t protect you from long-term damage. For example, because it is not “sudden and accidental,” a leaky faucet that causes water damage, would not be covered.

While you can add earthquake insurance to most homeowner’s insurance policies, you need to purchase flood insurance separately.

Likewise, if you run a business out of your home, you will need a separate commercial policy to cover damage

Supplementary Group Benefits

Group benefits cover a group of people connected to a common employer or institution.

Group benefits reduce premium costs by pooling risk between people who are linked for reasons other than obtaining insurance and incentivize employees to join companies and can keep employees long-term.

Workers’ Compensation Insurance

State law requires employers to pay for an injured worker’s job-related injury or disease. Workers’ Compensation would cover medical payments, temporary or permanent disability benefits, lost wages, and death benefits. Workers’ Compensation is required in every state but Texas. 

Some states require Workers’ Compensation based on how many employees a business has. For instance, Michigian requires Workers’ Compensation for any business with more than three employees.

In California, not providing Workers’ Compensation for all W2 employees can lead to charges of criminal noncompliance. This can result in fines and jail time.

The riskier the work involved, the more Workers’ Compensation costs. Companies and employers want Workers’ Compensation because it protects against legal action from employees.

In exchange for the benefits provided under Workers’ Compensation, employees relinquish their right to sue their employer.

Professional Liability Insurance

Liability Insurance comes in many shapes and forms. Professional liability insurance, also known as Errors and Omissions insurance, covers another person’s claims against businesses providing personal services.

This type of coverage defends employers from customers suing over improperly rendered professional services.

For example, If a masseuse or personal trainer cause an injury, personal liability insurance can protect them. Whether they are wrongfully accused or woefully negligent, it would help pay for defense costs.

Life Insurance

The amount and types of life insurance you need varies depending on your age and responsibilities. Basically, Life Insurance protects you against death.

You pay your monthly premium in exchange for the payment of assets to a beneficiary upon your death. Fun fact: there is no statute of limitations for the collections of assets from a deceased loved one.

Meaning you can collect those assets at any time after the person’s death, if the policy was in place. Those assets are paid out in annuities, which can be period-specific or lifelong (term life insurance or permanent life insurance).

Here at Frontlight, we offer more than just insurance coverage, we offer peace of mind. We’re here to help you find the coverage you need at a price you can afford.

Ask your Frontlight insurance broker what type of coverage is best for you and check your eligibility for discounts and benefits. When the road gets dark, we’re there to light your path. Stay in front, with Frontlight.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *